Saturday, August 3, 2013

labour. flavour. savour.

pork-saag, nutrela-kofta, momo, dalle-bambooshoot, peanut ladoo, ma-chu, chicken-curry

Food is a conversation starter, an excuse to get together, ultimate culture magnet, flavour of life and.. well you get the picture.

Being away from home for 14 years didn't do it for me. What really made me look up for Sikkimese cuisine was my son when he was still in my womb. I watched a video on TED where this lady mentions that it's important to eat food from your culture when you are pregnant as the baby familiarises itself with it's culture right from it's foetal stage.

Seriously, try as I might I couldn't get a website which gave me Sikkimese recipes. And although I can cook its not the same as having all ingredients ready, made to measure, before cooking especially when you live away from home in a different city. That's when I thought of this blog - if nothing this will record.

Please let me clarify that this blog will not have only native Sikkimese cuisine but the food that we actually eat there which includes Indian food and Indian curries, Nepali, Bhutia, Tibetan, Bengali, Newari, Marwari food.

This will include baby food as well - traditional as well as others which I have tried.
N.B: will hopefully include snacks and achars too!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!!! Looking forwad for intrestin recepies

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way you are right achar is very important in life

    ReplyDelete